Dine Out Winnipeg

Read a girl's accounts of her culinary exploits in Winnipeg, the city of a thousand restaurants!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Baked Expectations

Baked Expectations
161 Osborne Street
(204) 452-5176


I will admit to my bias right off the top. I hate paying for "fancy and overpriced" desserts and think nearly all desserts by the slice are overpriced. So, when I say that everything cost too much money, you need to take that into account!

I went to Baked Expectations with a large group of friends for a birthday party. I personally sampled the dark chocolate cheesecake (6.50$), orange chocolate cake, and key lime pie (6$). All very good, in their own rights. I really enjoyed the key lime pie--very light filling, full of flavour, and a flaky crust. My friend ordered the trifle (6$) and that was the disappointment of the night. She received a tiny bowl and was highly unsatisfied.

We had a variety of hot drinks that were not as good as the desserts, but that's to be expected, I suppose. It was a nice surprise to learn they carried different percentages of milk when another friend ordered a glass for 2$.

Service was absolutely wonderful, though. It was an incredibly busy Saturday night and the server made time to arrange us a long table, didn't charge the 5$ minimum per person, and even provided a candle for my friend's slice of cake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home